Sunday 27 April 2008

27 4 08

At the moment I am torn between two styles: graceful and pretty vs. tailored and fierce.

From left to right: Rodarte, Prada, Blumarine
From left to right: Balenciaga, Lanvin, YSL

Maybe I could possibly have pretty for daytime and fierce for evening; but then again it would be more striking to have the tailored look out in daytime, as it is par for the course that risqué looks are reserved for nightfall. Hopefully I can find an in-between balance (without looking like a dire 80’s throwback).
Also, I have just read about the Skin + Bones exhibition, in the Embankment Galleries at Somerset House, which I am very excited to go and see.



“The fashion on show is a mix of high concept and high drama: Chalayan, McQueen, Miyake, Comme, Viktor + Rolf and Westwood together with architects of a similar calibre: Gehry, Hadid, OMA and Herzog & de Meuron to name just a few.”

No comments: