Tuesday 31 March 2009

31 3 09


I have been catching up on Season 2 of Mad Men - the most glamorous program on telly! I have only watched the first 4 episodes so don't ruin anything for me! If you have not seen it then you need to start watching it right now!!
Not only are the story-lines captivating (with the most gorgeous lead ever, Jon Hamm, above) but the fashion is to DIE for. Here are some of my favourite outfits from what I have seen so far:


Betty has always been one of my favourites. She is so glamorous, even when she goes horse riding she looks impeccable (unfortunately they didn't have a picture of her in her riding outfit, but there was a gorgeous tweed blazer involved!) Looking at pictures of Betty makes me want to grow out my fringe (yet again!) and dye my hair blonde! The pink cocktail dress she is wearing here is the exact kind of thing that is making me want to get into costume design.


I think Peggy has been having quite a few really good outfits this season; I love a good check and these are some of my favourites.


The evening-wear and cocktail dresses have been absolutely gorgeous. I am in love with Peggy's red dress here; the peter-pan collar, the bow - it's fabulous!


Men, listen up! This is a goooood look. Not so much Pete, but the guy on the left looks so freakin cool! Why oh why was I not born long enough ago to have lived through an era like this??!

5 comments:

www.janetteria.com said...

Ooooh, Mad Man! :D

Unknown said...

ohh looks very interesting. Maybe i shall watch it. Love the blog by the way (:

Alyssa said...

Check out thefedoralounge.com if you haven't already. They're a brimmin' with men who dress like this.
I still can't believe I've never watched this show.

Come, to the dark side...costume design is calling you! (Unfortunately, we just make the clothes, we generally don't get to wear them :( )

Annabel Wendt (LoveMore) said...

OH OH the first outfit with the blondie top is AWESOME! and your cat - so adorable he is so cute!

thanks for your comment.

hope you are well!!!! :)

xxx love LM

Anonymous said...

I just finished watching the first season and I loved everything about it!