Monday 29 September 2008

29 9 08

Last night I was lucky enough to see Chris Dean and the Syd Lawrence Orchestra who play big band swing music, with lots of Glenn Miller covers too. It was amazing! They are such talented musicians. It was mostly full of old people (my boyfriend and I were most definitely the youngest people there!) but most of them had dressed up for the occasion. I saw lots of pearls and sparkly tops! Also, at the same theatre in January - the day before my birthday - the official Glenn Miller Orchestra are going to be playing! So I have asked to be taken as a birthday gift. I'm so excited!!
Plus, to my delight, my boyfriend bought me a 1940's fashion catalogue from eBay that I had my eye on for a while, but couldn't really afford it (Miss Selfridge still haven't called back about the job! I am losing hope!) and it is 551 pages of sheer heaven!! It will probably take about a week to arrive because it's coming from America, but I'll show you some of the pictures that were put on the eBay page. I need to brush up on my sewing skills and get some of these beauties made for myself!!!





8 comments:

Victoria-Olivia said...

Aw thats sweet, and the pictures look so pretty. Waiting to here back about jobs is such a pain! Good luck.

Kathryn said...

That catalogue looks amazing!

Kathryn said...

Re. Peter Pan collars - I know I love them too, in fact its turned into a bit of an obsession...

Ella Gregory said...

That is such a nice thing for your boyfriend to buy you. Very thoughtful.

Anonymous said...

these pictures are beautiful, and incredibly inspiring. i love looking at photos from the past.

emily @ fashion156.com/blog

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Fantastic gift! I adore Big Band music and Swing Clubs...even if I can't dance. :(

Shoshi said...

I'm so jealous - I want this catalogue! Those shoes are delicious.

makemoremistakes said...

ohhhh i love these! especially the shoes!!!