Monday 24 November 2008

24 11 08

I spotted some nice vintage inspired things in non-vintage stores recently, so I thought I would share them with you as I know wearing second hand clothing isn't everyones cup of tea!


Cardigan with fur collar by Betty Jackson at Debenhams £95



Lace top from Forever21 $22.80



Sequin cardigan from Forever21 $27.80

Also, I was reading about a really fun club night called Warped. It's a club that 'travels through time' and you have to dress in one of the eras (20's, 50's, 80's or the future!). They have live acts, such as burlesque dancers, and games, such as musical statues! At the end of each era there is a period of time where the appropriate music for that time is played and everybody dances. It sounds like a lot of fun and I definitely want to go to the next one! Apparently the next ones are on November 29th (this sat) and December 20th. It is held at The Mission Room, 26 Exmouth Market, London, EC1R 4QE if you are interested!! For more info visit their website: www.warpednight.com
Here are some pictures from their website. It looks like a lot of fun!





5 comments:

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Those are some nice pieces, but I wish more people would buy secondhand. It's really a better deal!

Ella Gregory said...

Those are some interesting pieces, the blue on the cardigan is lovely.

Couture Carrie said...

That first jacket and the sequin bodt suit totally rock!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

xoxox,
CC

Wendy said...

The sweater with the fur collar will be handy for winter.

Anonymous said...

I really wish I was in London right now!looks like so much fun!